Tuesday, January 6, 2009

...and then I found $10

I've developed a new love for all things 2-wheeled. I've always enjoyed a bicycle- it is a quick and effective mode of transportation. But a motorcycle!! They're way too much fun. There is no more enjoyable way to explore Sydney's northern beaches in the summer time than on the back of a bike with a friendly local as your tour guide.

I haven't ventured too far away from Sydney yet. There's lots to do in this fine city. Since I've last written we've been mountain biking and motor biking, rock climbing, beach bumming, dinner partying, and hiking in the blue mountains. The blue mountains are actually mildly blue in color thanks to a fine mist of eucalyptus oil. They also smell fantastically of eucalyptus (how do you smell a mountain??). I won't fill this with exhausting details, but I will say that in the small town of Katoomba (the access point to the blue mountains about 2 hours by train away from Sydney) there is a food co-op. At this co-op they make peanut butter right in front of you with a peanut grinding machine. 50 cents gets you a small tub of freshly ground peanut butter. Needless to say I was amazed. And never hungry.

Tonight Bianca and I are heading into Coogee beach because it is rumored that there is a restaurant that gives you a free steak with every beer you buy. It'll be a red-neckin' good time!

mooo.

2 comments:

  1. so did you get the free steak...I can hardly wait to hear

    ReplyDelete
  2. "When I cut into my steak, I like the cow to cry."
    -Kate Riley

    Hahahaha. Glad to hear you're enjoying the city (and the warmth) down undah'. The walking-on-the-left thing is something I never thought about. And you're already keeping busy. Live it up, love!

    ReplyDelete